My name is Angela Bolton and I started this blog to tell the story of my husband Robert’s progress after suffering a post-operative cardiac arrest which led to hypoxic brain injury (October 2011).
Now that we have had Bob SMART assessed and he’s comfortable at the Royal Hospital Donnybrook, this blog is now my way of communicating with him, and anyone interested in his well-being: our friends and family from abroad and our good friends in SJH, the NRH and the RHD.
Bob’s an incredibly special person, and my whole world collapsed when he sustained his injury. I had lost the best part of myself and my future, and didn’t know what to do. The challenge of getting him into proper assessment took so much of my energy that when it was achieved, I seemed to have no other life.
I’m trying to rebuild that life and do what I can for both of us.
Thank you so much for reading this blog
——– oOo ——–
Links to media coverage:
- The Irish Times interview: http://bit.ly/QrIhiO
- The John Murray Show interview on RTE Radio 1: http://bit.ly/SuAouh (the song I sang, Love Me Tender http://bit.ly/QdaMMS); Podcast: http://bit.ly/QwUQHl
- The Southside People interview ~ online article: http://bit.ly/UMevoo or pdf of paper: http://bit.ly/NNiy2u
- The Dublin South Radio 93.9fm interview podcast: http://bit.ly/T97jyA
——– oOo ——–
Links to early posts:
- What happened in the beginning… http://bit.ly/LxQJWJ
- How far he’s come since October 2011 http://bit.ly/L2WxIK
- What’s happening now http://bit.ly/L2WH2U
- Things we do to help Robert http://bit.ly/IVqNCt
- The people who have kept us afloat http://bit.ly/LlgsoV
- Music ~ Bob’s first love http://bit.ly/PolM9q
- Our California Years http://bit.ly/JXG7Ps